Monday 27 April 2015

Why I'm voting for the Green Party: I don't want a 'Better Plan', I want a good plan


  1. Because I don't want a 'Better Plan', I want a good plan, a plan for the Common Good.
  2. Because I believe in a Living Wage. People working full time on the minimum wage should earn enough to support themselves and their family.
  3. Because I believe in having a fair, humane, common sense approach to immigration.
  4. Because nuclear weapons have no place in civilised society.
  5. Because education shouldn't cost a life time of debt and should be accessible at any stage of life.
  6. Because big investments in renewable energy are needed if we are to still have any hope of preventing the worst of climate change.
  7. Because when I've had surgery and chemotherapy, I've known that my health has been the priority, not profit. 5% profit is 5% too much, when it comes to keeping people alive there should be no place for the profit motive.
  8. Because public services should be in public hands, not making huge profits while providing bad service and taking government subsidies. Public transport should be affordable and easy.
  9. Because I want a fair rental market. No excessive, unjustifiable fees, no worrying about where you're going to live every 6 months, no uncontrollable rents.
  10. Because I don't want the return of fox hunting, or more badger culls that go against all evidence.
  11. Because fracking is just plain bad.
  12. Because I don't want to vote for a party that I disagree with slightly less than another party. I want to vote for something I can believe in.
  13. Because everyone should pay their fair share of tax.
  14. Because they are not bankrolled by corporations, unions, millionaires and billionaires. Which means they don't put the needs of the wealthy before the needs of the many.
  15. Because no one else mentions climate change, and if we don't get serious about climate change now, no other policies will matter in the future.

No comments: